Provided with this guide is two basic implementations of Direct3D 11, Direct3D 12 and Vulkan. One very basic implementation more aimed toward providing a basic template for explanation purposes, and one more complicated with a more involved scene and more complexity code-wise.
For running the samples, the following is required:
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit operating system
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- The latest version of the Windows 10 SDK
- The LunarG Vulkan SDK (signup not required; installer located at the bottom of the page)
- Python 3.5.1
- “watchdog” Python package (with Python installed,
pip install watchdogin the command line)
Open “Renderapp.sln” in Visual Studio and press build.
In order to build the shaders, run “shader_watchdog.py” located in the “build” folder.